Don't really have anything to post, but...
Lord willing, I'll be moving the major portion of my belongings to Fort Worth this weekend. I also need to see my dentist while I'm there. I'll probably have to go to her Addison office; her North Richland Hills office isn't open on Saturday.
I applied for several positions in the D/FW area last week, but no one has called me yet. Universities are soooo slow when it comes to hiring. I'm going to go ahead and move a bunch of stuff so I'm ready when the time comes though.
So in the meantime, I'm still planning on working at the summer camp. Some day I'll get the film developed and post the pictures I took when I was there a few weeks ago. I think I only got three pictures taken, and they are all of the kitchen. (Some day I'm going to invest in a digital camera so I don't have to wait until I have money to get film developed. Or maybe I should invest in a job that will get me money so I can get film developed when I want.) If you want to see how beautiful it is out doors there, you can check out their website at pinespringscamp.com.
The drive there is blah. It's only the last hour or so that you're in the mountains. Once you get to the Lincoln National Forest it's gorgeous. They must have had some fires there recently though; there were a lot of bald spots. One of the faculty members told me that the camp had burned down before. I got the impression it was 15 or 20 years ago.
I'm currently sitting at the circulation desk of the LCU library. It's sooo slow tonight, but then it is Wednesday night on a CofC campus. There is a very pretty poinsettia sitting on the desk near me. I don't think I've every seen one last so long after Christmas. It's yellow of course, but still pretty. I heard you have to put them in a dark room for a couple of weeks for the red to come back.
I've been watching Celebrity Apprentice. I hope that Trace Adkins beats that British guy.
Only 13 people have walked through the library doors in the last hour. Told ya it was slow. There is a door counter that we have to check every hour. I set my cell phone alarm to remind me, so every hour I think someone is calling me until I notice that an hour has gone by. It actually seems to make the hours go by quickly.
Well, since I have nothing better to talk about I'll stop now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment