Saturday, April 5, 2008

Plans

It's a beautiful Saturday in Lubbock, Texas, and I'm stuck in the library. I opened all of the blinds so that I can see out. Not that great of a view, but it's something besides walls. They need to add a retractable roof. Any body want to start a capital campaign for one? Because of the wind it's a tad on the chilly side, but I'm sure the sun will win out as the day goes on.

As usual my plans are a-changin'. Camp is no longer in the picture for this summer which does sadden me a little bit. I think it would have been a great experience, but I don't think the timing is right. I need to concentrate on getting a job where I can use the degree I just spent a bunch of money on. Of course it wasn't my money, but sweet, old Sallie Mae is going to start asking for it back soon. So as soon as I post this blog, I'll be spending the rest of the day submitting applications and my resume to as many places as possible. I'll be looking mostly in the D/FW area, but I'll include any state that is touching Texas and probably Michigan and Wisconsin as well.


If I get a job, I will need to be able to move at a moments notice, so in order to facilitate this, I moved the majority of my belongings this past weekend to a shed in Kenny's (you can call him Ken) backyard. That was back breaking and expensive, so bank breaking I guess. We also went the wrong way (it wasn't my fault), so we paid a little extra for the 100 miles that we went over our free miles. The very nice lady at Uhaul only charged me 10 cents a mile instead of 40 cents.


I still have an apartment full of furniture and stuff, but all of the furniture will be sat out on the curb when we leave because whatever doesn't fit in my car has to stay behind. It looks like I may be going back to Fort Worth again tomorrow for a few days. Greg's boat is stuck at his mom's and needs to be moved to the marina, and I have a few days off. After I get off today at 6, I don't have to be back to work until Tuesday night at 9. (I'm not working at Chick-fil-a anymore. It was fun working there, but I need to be free to find a "real" job, and I like only working 25 hours a week, and between the two of us, we can pay our monthly bills without me working there. I've never worked with a friendlier group of people though.)

As a backup plan to getting a job, I plan on taking some teacher certification courses this summer. I should only have to take five of the nine courses required before I do my student teaching. I'm going to try and take them all this summer, which means I need to ask for special permission to take three during one summer session. That should be fun. Of course this is assuming that I only have to take five. I need to get my transcript sent to TTU from ACU, so they can evaluate a course that I took there. I guess I'll do that today too.

I'm hungry. Gonna go find something to go along with the bologna sandwich I brought for lunch.

No comments: