A lot has been happening lately, so it's been awhile since I've blogged. Of course, I have still been reading my dear cousins blogs to see what they've been up to.
The big news is that we've moved and I have a NEW JOB! We are now living in Abilene, Texas (yes, Chelle, I'm back), and I am working at Abilene Christian University again! I am working in the Registrar's Office as the Curricular Programs and Communications Specialist. I am responsible for updating and publishing the university catalog, academic calendar, and I keep track of all program, course, and degree changes that are processed through the University Academic Council and the General Education Council. I'll also be responsible for updating the degree audits in Banner and making sure they work right, but I'm still learning that software.
It was a crazy time getting to this point (this is my third week on the job). Since January, I probably sent out 100 resumes but only had about a dozen interviews with several schools (TCU, North Lake College, Richland College, UNT, UTA, West Texas A&M, and even a phone interview at TTU, to name a few). I was so certain though that I would find a job in the DFW metroplex that Greg and I moved to Fort Worth at the end of May. We were staying with his mom, and were going to stay with her for the summer or until I found a job and moved closer to wherever I got the job.
I had applied to a couple of positions at ACU, and am still in a little shock that I'm back. It feels so natural to be here though. I kept praying that God would direct us, and I think He has, so praise God!
Of course I have no furniture because I gave most of it away in Lubbock. When I packed a Uhual full of stuff back in April, we were actually planning on staying in Lubbock until December, so I left some of the bigger stuff there. Too bad we didn't just wait until I had a job, cause then we could have moved everything straight here. But that's ok, I gave most of it away to a very sweet LCU student.
We are renting a very cute little house here that is very near the campus. It is a long story how we ended up with it, which I won't bore anybody with. It does have its problems, but it also has a lot of charm. As soon as I find the software cd for my digital camera, I'll take some pictures and post them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, Juli! Great to see you back in print!! Hope the job goes well. Sounds like something you'll enjoy. This is a reunion year for me, so just maybe we'll see you at homecoming...not sure yet though.
Post a Comment