It’s Saturday night, and there is nothing on television. Of course, we don’t have cable and only have six channels. Apparently Bill Clinton was in Lubbock and three of the channels are showing his speech; the other three channels have Cops, NFL total access, or King of Queens. Blah. So I just turned it off. I suppose I could watch a movie.
For the past three weeks I’ve been working a new job at Chick-fil-a. I still have the part time job at the LCU library that I started last September, but since I haven’t been able to find anything full time at a university, I’m working there in the meantime. It’s been difficult getting used to being on my feet for so many hours, but with about 1000mg of ibuprofen before and after my shift, I think I’m getting used to it. The same thing happened when I worked at Garden Ridge in Fort Worth. It took a few weeks, but I guess you’re body gets used to it. Most of the people are nice and the management has been understanding about me taking off early occasionally to get Greg to work on time. He hasn’t been able to ride his motorcycle on a regular basis, so we’ve been sharing the car.
Greg and I were in Fort Worth last weekend. Wanted to see my dentist, but she was out of town, so I guess we’ll be going back some time soon. Except, I work on Saturdays at the library, so I don’t know when.
We’re trying to decide if we’re going to move back to Fort Worth. We’re both tired of Lubbock and I finished my program in December, so this may be a good time to make the move. I’ve applied for positions at Tech, LCU, and even West Texas A&M (1 ½ north of Lubbock), but even though I’ve had some interviews, nothing has happened. I’m sure it’s just a matter of timing before I get a position somewhere, but it’s God’s timing and not mine, so I don’t know what will happen. Just saw a posting for a position at LCU, so I’ll try for it and see what happens.
I finished the wedding gift that I made for Beth and Paul. I just need to frame it. I took pictures of it with my very cheap ($20) digital camera, but lo and behold, the software is not compatible with my Mac. But wait, I can get to the pictures on Greg’s computer, and I can hook his computer up to the internet, so when I post this, I’ll add a picture of it.
I’m not sure how people find interesting stuff to blog about. (I’m typing this in Word, and just had to add the word “blog” to my dictionary so that red underline would go away.) It’ll be 8:00 in ten more minutes, so hopefully the Clinton speech will be over and I can watch 48 Hours Mystery. I should probably be cleaning instead, but (insert excuse here).

2 comments:
I'll be praying for the job hunt - and you need to ask Catherine about her new job! Loved the wedding present for Beth!
Juli! I'm glad you updated! Hope the job search goes well!
Post a Comment