I saw a/an LCU email last week that was advertising for a summer head cook position at Pine Springs summer camp in New Mexico. Since nothing has happened with my other applications, I thought why not? Who wouldn’t want to be in the mountains of New Mexico for three months in the summer instead of in Lubbock, Texas? I emailed the contact person and she emailed me right back. We emailed back a forth a few times and then she said to come in for an interview.
Sounds like it would be fun. I would be in charge of the kitchen and the cantina. I would create the menus for 50-250 people, order supplies, and be in charge of the kitchen staff (LCU students). I do have a degree in home economics and several food preparation and meal managment courses were required. One of the two people I interviewed with suggested that I take a trip out to see the place, and even suggested that I go and cook for a faculty retreat that will be at the camp next week (March 6-7). Chick-fil-a is remodeling and will be closed for two weeks beginning this Saturday, so I could probably do it.
So here I am all excited about it, but as I was driving down the street after the interview I get a call from LCU - LCU Admissions Office. I submitted an application last week for an Admissions Coordinator position, and now I have an interview with them tomorrow morning at 9:30. Which is pretty good timing as far as Chick-fil-a is concerned since they’ll be closed for two weeks. I could start next Monday, if they wanted me to. But I guess not so good timing for the cook job. If I'm offered both, I’ll take the admissions position. Even though LCU is planning a capital campaign soon for the camp (LCU owns it) and it will be a year round retreat center some day, I do have a master’s degree in higher education, so I guess I'll leave the cooking as a hobby. I volunteered at the kitchen at NRH Church of Christ, but I haven't found anything like that here. Anyway, I hope to report soon that I have the admissions job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on all the interviews! Look forward to hearing your good news.
Post a Comment