Monday, August 25, 2008

My eyes have seen the glory...

Today was the first day of classes, and of course here at ACU that means Opening Assembly!!! Thought the Goode ladies would like to know that it was as exciting as they probably remember it. There was of course the procession of the faculty and parade of flags. The girl that carried the Texas flag was great. She wore a Texas flag shirt, denim skirt, cowboy boots (with the Texas star on them), and a cowboy hat.

There were also the usual songs, All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name, Oh, Dear Christian College, and the Battle Hymn of the Republic. The male voices in the Grand Chorus were amazing. I could listen to men singing all day long. Here is the US Army Chorus singing it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irZmknvOB4I.

If I'd had my camera or a camera phone, I would have taken pictures, but alas and alack, I don't, so I didn't.

The American flag did not fall completely, but Dr. Money declared the school year officially begun anyway.

Go Wildcats!!!

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Happy 1st day of school. I can't believe the flag didn't fall! Did it just get caught on something? I do miss Opening Chapel - although I think I am partial to Homecoming Chapel if I had to pick!
See you in a few weeks!

vicki said...

Glad for the nostalgia report! I know it was "weepy wonderful!" and I'm glad you are there to remind us. Love ya

Catherine said...

Hi hi!!! It was so wonderful seeing you a couple weekends ago! I hope you are feeling better now! Love you and hope you are still having a good time in Abilene!